Commtel operates on a strict trade-only policy. You must be a reputable installer (minimum of an NICEIC registration required for electricians) of access control, security systems and or gates and barriers, with the requisite electrical, IT or telecommunication qualifications.
If you are a current customer, you can purchase online when logged into your account on our website. If you do not have an account on our website, please contact our sales team who will be able to get this set up for you.
Optimus products can only be purchased through one of our approved distribution partners. You can find a list of distributors here.
If you are not an installer, please contact our sales team for further information and to find a local installer.
All Telguard Intercoms come with a 2-year return to manufacturer warranty and programming support cover.
Our Command Unit comes with a 2-year manufacturer warranty. No programming support is included.
All Optimus Intercoms come with a 2-year manufacturer warranty via your distributor. No programming support is included.
Our product warranty covers all parts and Commtel’s labour for manufacturer faults. The warranty does not cover the removal or re-installation of the unit. You can find more information in section 7 of our terms and conditions here.
The programming support included in the initial 2-year warranty for Telguard intercoms covers all remote programming changes and technical support. Please note that programming requests must be submitted via our online form. Extended programming support agreements are based on the level of support required.
For more information about our warranties, or to download our warranty flyers click here.
- You can find our feature highlights on pages 6 & 7 of our brochure which can be downloaded here. You can also find our product matrix on pages 30 – 33 where you can compare features between all products.
- The spec sheets for each product are available to download on the individual product pages.
- If you can’t find the product you are looking for, please contact our sales team who will be more than happy to help!
- For Optimus features, please visit https://optimus-uk.com/range.html
Our 4G LTE Telguard & Optimus intercoms require a MIRCO SIM.
We always recommend using one of our SIM cards as they are designed specifically to work with our intercoms. However, if you would prefer to provide your own SIM, you will need to have the following:
- Texts (used for SMS alerts and when using one of our apps)
- Data (only a very small amount is required if we are programming your intercom remotely for you)
- Marketing messages switched off – these can sometimes cause issues with the intercom.
- Voicemail turned off
- If choosing a PAYG SIM, pop it in a phone to register it on the network provider’s app beforehand so that you can top up easily.
Click here to read our guide.
We have a range of tariffs for your Telguard or Optimus door entry system to suit all site requirements, including annual SIMs for sites which are unable to set up a direct debit. Click here to see what we have to offer.
- If the Telguard intercom or another Commtel product is out of warranty, or not covered under a support agreement, programming is charged at £30 + VAT per request.
- For Optimus customers, please contact your installer.
- Monday – Friday: 8:30 – 17:00
- Saturday & Sunday: Closed.
- Bank Holidays: Closed.
On Monday mornings between 8:30 & 9:30, we have staff training. A skeleton staff will be answering calls but may be slower than usual.
We offer extended opening hours for SIM card activations in addition to our standard operating times. Please note that during these extended hours, we are only able to activate SIM cards and will not be able to provide any technical support.
- Monday – Friday: 17:00 – 22:00
- Saturday & Sunday: 8:00 – 20:00