VOLO is an innovative cloud-based access control solution, comprising Access Control Units (ACUs) which connect to the door locking equipment and cloud hosted software. The software communicates with the ACUs to allow users to administer and control their access control requirements via any browser enabled device, from anywhere in the world.
VOLO consists of 2 types of controllers (Master & Slave) and each can control 2 lock outputs and 2 reader inputs. You can connect up to 24 slaves to each master, meaning that you can control up to 50 doors using only 1 master controller.
VOLO is not a new solution to the market. VOLO has been available for 6 years via Norbain and was recently purchased in March 2021 by KMC, who own the UK and European rights for VOLO.
Dean Kernot of KMC has been the product head for VOLO for the entire 6 years and has worked closely with the manufacturing partners to design the solution.
The VOLO solution uses Gendis controller hardware which is part of the Paxton family. This makes for an easy transition over to VOLO from a Paxton system.
VOLO uses Amazon Web Services for all data hosting and management, providing our customers with the highest level of security.
- Quick and easy to install.
- Install it like a standalone system but have all the power of a networked system.
- Only requires power.
- No interaction with IT teams.
- Simple, clear pricing model.
- Open protocol – will work with all:
- Readers, keypads, Bluetooth readers, biometric readers, facial recognition readers.
- Long range RHF readers.
- Master controllers are supplied with a 2G modem, SIM and high gain antenna, offering 2G back up.
- UK manufacture & support.
- Freedom & control – access your VOLO data from anywhere at any time.
- Centralised control of separate premises enables you to easily manage all sites from a single place.
- Receive email notifications / alerts for abnormal events to allow proactive follow up.
- GSM/GPRS signal strength indication shown on map to allow full performance visibility.
- Full reporting suite allows you to keep on top of
- Open API for 3rd party software integration, including payroll, time & attendance, visitor management, subscription platforms and much more.